Budget Overview for Parents (BOP) & Local Control Accountability Plan (LCAP)
LCFF Budget Overview for Parents (BOP)
School districts receive funding from different sources: state funds under the Local Control Funding Formula (LCFF), other state funds, local funds, and federal funds. LCFF funds include a base level of funding for all LEAs and extra funding - called "supplemental and concentration" grants - to LEAs based on the Enrollment of high needs students (foster youth, English Learners, and low-income students).
The LCFF gives school districts more flexibility in deciding how to use state funds. In exchange, school districts must give work with parents, educators, students, and the community to develop a Local Control and Accountability Plan (LCAP) that shows how they will use these funds to serve students.
Local Control Accountability Plan (LCAP)
The LCAP describes the variety of special programs offered to meet the needs of all students and their families. An in-depth data analysis of student achievement data and parent surveys is conducted at the district level and at each school site to determine academic areas of strength, areas of concern, and instructional strategies and programs that support student achievement. Instructional goals for improvement are developed with the input of all staff members, parent communities, and instructional leadership teams.
The District's five-member Governing Board sets the direction through the formula of the district's policies and the adoption of annual goals and objectives, which reflect the priorities of the community and the Board. Decisions on how the district's funds are spent are considered through input from district staff and parent and community groups, which are then approved by the Board of Trustees.
Check out the BOPs & LCAPs below.
- Hanford Online Charter BOP & LCAP 2022-23 - English
- Hanford Online Charter BOP & LCAP 2022-23 - Spanish
- Hanford Joint Union High School District BOP & LCAP 2022-23 - English
- Hanford Joint Union High School District BOP & LCAP 2022-23 - Spanish
- LCAP Approval Letter 2022-23
The goals in the HJUHSD 2022-23 LCAP are:
- Every student will have access to standards-aligned instructional materials and be enrolled in a comprehensive course of study taught by effectively trained and fully credentialed teachers in facilities maintained in good repair.
- HJUHSD will foster an engaging culture that supports parent participation, equity, student safety, and school connectedness.
- All students will achieve at grade level or higher to ensure college and career readiness.
LCAP Federal Addendum
When you think of the best pairings you may think of peanut butter & jelly or spaghetti & meatballs but another great pairing is the LCAP and the LCAP Federal Addendum! The LCAP Federal Addendum supplements the LCAP to help ensure we meet the provisions of ESSA. You can read the LCAP Federal addendum by visiting this webpage which is dedicated to the LCAP Federal Addendum.