Developer Fee Information

  • Developer Fee Rates



    per square foot

    per square foot



    (40% paid to high school & 60% paid to elementary school)

    Where do I pay my fees?

    Unless the home is purchased outside of Kings County, fees are paid to the City of Hanford or County of Kings with building permit.  If home is purchased outside of Kings County, fees are to be paid to the Hanford Joint Union High School District.  

    Developer Fee History

    On January 1, 1987, AB 2926 (Chapter 887) was enacted which requires that school districts pay a share of the cost of school construction based on the square footage of residential, commercial and industrial construction taking place within their districts.  The law commissions school districts to levy a Developer Impact Fee for this purpose, establishes the maximum rate of the fees, and prohibits building permit authorities from issuing building permits without certification from the school district that fee requirements have been met.

    • AB 181 (effective 10/02/1989) establishes exclusions as follows:  Additions to existing homes of 500 square feet or less of assessable space (residential only).
    • Any facility used exclusively for religious purposes exempt from property taxation under the laws of California.
    • Any facility used exclusively as a private full-time day school as described in Section 48222 of the Education Code.
    • Any facility owned and occupied by an agency of federal, state or local government.


    Call the HJUHSD at (559) 583-5901, extension 3101.